Thursday 3 January 2008

New Year’s Eve colourful debates

New Year found us highly spirited. In my two months of stay in Melbourne, it was my first time to experience seeing the train fully packed. People seem to spring out of nowhere and I got so amused seeing the federation square teeming with people.

The all time heat record high of 41 degree Celsius did not deter the mood of the revellers. I was truly hoping for a cool change of the weather but the New Year’s Eve heat just went on steadily.

The colourful display of the fireworks skipped a beat in my heart. It was really very fantastic. However, a part of me was also sad. The carbon emitted amidst all the ohhs and the ahhs of the crowd spelled an irreversible heat all around. No wonder why the cool change was very elusive.

No comments: